The Second Week


my school
the market next to school
  It does not seem possible that only two weeks and a few days have gone by since I left America. There are days it feels like I've been here years, and there are days where I swear it's my first day back all over again. People are already asking how this experience compares with my last visit to Korea, and there definitely are differences, here are a few. 1) Living and working in the same neighborhood is very convenient. Even though I enjoyed seeing the countryside it's great to walk to work.   2) It's a lot more hours. Last time, even though I was going to school at the same time I had more free time on weekdays. I'm not complaining. Having a full time job is great and my students, and coworkers are wonderful people to be around all day long. 3) Having other foreign coworkers is amazing! Everyone was super nice at my last school, but occasionally it would have been nice to have another foreign face running through the halls. 4) I do miss the experience of TaLK orientation. It was a really great way to spend your first three weeks in Korea. 5) I don't feel like I'm living on borrowed time. During my last visit to Korea I really felt the pressure to get out and see as much as I could while I was here because I didn't know when I'd be able to make it back, or if I'd ever come back. This time around I can relax in the evenings, maybe stay in with a book instead of feeling like every moment has to be consumed with seeing and doing new things, and that's a nice feeling.
my desk


my latest haul: Don Quixote, Mad Libs for the kiddies, and a new t-shirt.





Comments

Popular Posts