Daegu and Back, Again

People are always asking me what my plans are for the future, and even before graduation my response was "Head back to South Korea and teach English." Since completing my degree last December I have been actively pursuing employment overseas teaching English as a second language, here's why.  

I spent my fall semester in 2012 studying at Yeungnam University and teaching English in an after school program offered as a scholarship for exchange students through the South Korean government called TaLK. This experience completely changed my life and convinced me to come back once I'd completed my degree. The program is no longer available to students studying abroad at Korean universities, but is available for people who are currently in college who want to find out if teaching overseas is something they'd like to experience after college. 

After months of searching I am happy to announce that I will be returning to South Korea, and Daegu for a year of teaching and travel starting this July. Even though I'm headed back to the same country and the same city as before there are several things that will be different this time around. For starters, I'll be working in the city at a private school instead of in the country at a public school, my hours will be more along the traditional nine to five schedule, there will be no national orientation where I get to meet three-hundred people from around the world, and most importantly, I will be  living on my own in a loft style apartment as opposed to a dormitory. Another important difference is that I am going to keep my friends and family back home updated waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more often than last time on what's going on in my life with these types of  blog posts, photographic essay-ish posts on my photography blog, and even occasional video posts, as well as setting up designated Skype times where I can be available to all ya'll back in 'Merica. 

I will not be resurrecting my old travel blog, mostly because I was really bad at updating it, and also because when I did post something it was usually not very good. This blog will serve as my active travel blog for the next year, and I will figure out a regular weekday to update it and all of you once I've landed in Korea. I will also be posting in my About blog occasionally since not everything I'll be doing in Korea is directly related to travel, and for the life of me Pages on blogger just won't cooperate with me. End mini-rant. I can't wait to share my new adventures with all of you. 

Comments

Popular Posts